Michelle & Dan


From start to finish Michelle and Dan's wedding was an absolute treat to photograph. They got ready at the Architect’s House in East Austin, which had great natural lighting and some really cool design elements that made the preparation photos lots of fun. Michelle was absolutely gorgeous with her hair all done up in a stunning flapper hairstyle, which was accented perfectly by her birdcage veil and lace necklace. When I remarked on how cute her dress was, she smiled shyly, thanked me, and mentioned that Dan had both designed and sewed it for her (!!!). Michelle gave each bridesmaid a vintage-style hardback book to carry down the aisle with them in place of bouquets. I loved their Catholic ceremony and the seven-piece band that played along with the mass. I don’t usually include posed group shots in my blog posts, but as you can see this group was just too much fun. The literary theme was continued at the reception, with each table named for one of Michelle and Dan’s favorite books. They had THE MOST ADORABLE cake topper that I have ever seen, a genuine photo booth, giant balloons…. oh yeah, and local band The Carrots came all decked out in blue shorts, polka dot tops, and mini top hats to play a few sets. I could keep going on and on about the awesomeness that was Michelle and Dan’s wedding, but I’m better at picture taking than I am at writing, so I’ll let you check it out for yourself. I loved working with these two. They were super nice, incredibly creative, and just all around wonderful people. I was also incredibly fortunate to have my very good friend Austin Waters along with me as a guest second shooter. I have included a little taste of his many awesome shots at the end of this post. Congratulations to Michelle and Dan!