New Year, New Camera!


We are very excited to ring in the new year with some significant upgrades to our equipment, woot! Last Saturday I woke up very early to get to the camera store right when it opened and purchased a brand new Canon 7D and a wonderful wide angle L lens. I spent a few hours getting acquainted with the two new loves of my life, and then went straight to a wedding to see what we could do together. It was beyond my wildest dreams. I revved it up to the highest ISO, and without using a flash managed to get spectacularly crisp images in the low light of the church. Images shot in daylight are also very striking, the colors vivid and sharp. Later that night I shot a few portraits of some friends to see how it dealt with florescent lighting, a situation that I struggled with when using my old camera, and the results were exactly what I hoped for. I'm so excited to greet the new year with this camera. Zach is now wielding a new camera of his own, and I'll post the results of some of his shooting expeditions soon. 2010 is shaping up to be pretty busy for me and Zach, we're super excited to be shooting some weddings at various historic venues around Austin, and maybe do a little traveling. Contact us now to reserve your wedding date today!