Big News, Big Love, So I Married A Scottish Guy...


I took these engagement pictures on my recent trip to Glasgow, Scotland. My husband is a Scottish Philosopher, and I in turn get all the perks of being married to a Scottish Philosopher: listening to epic narratives on topics that I don't understand in his dreamy accent, frequent trips to Scotland, and wonderful Scottish in-laws. The adorable couple that I present to you here are actually my sister-in-law and future brother-in-law: Frankie and Ronnie. I might be biased, but I feel pretty certain that there was never a sweeter pair than Frankie and Ronnie. I love the shy glances that they give each other, how they are both so modestly yet breathtakingly gorgeous, and ummm... yeah, did I mention the dreamy Scottish accents? Frankie and Ronnie are getting married in June, and I am so happy to be photographing their wedding. There will be kilts, Irn-Bru, CĂ©ilidh dancing, and in Scotland all the toasts are made with whiskey because they don't mess around.


So I've covered the big love, now on to the big news: I am very proud and excited to announce that my Scottish philosopher rock star husband has landed his first job at the Northern Institute of Philosophy in Aberdeen, and that Lauren McGlynn Photography is moving to Scotland! Woot! I'm going to be doing quite a bit of puddle jumping this year: Zach and I have weddings in Austin through the end of May, then I'm off to set up house in Scotland over the summer, back to Austin for fall wedding season, and then off to Scotland for good starting the second week of November. I will be posting the details of my UK/EU wedding packages shortly, but in the meantime never fear Austin brides: Zach and I will be ending our creative partnership with a grand finale of awesome wedding photography ninjadom. We will be pushing ourselves and each other to exceed our best work and capture some truly amazing images. We still have a couple of Saturdays open next fall, and we do take Friday and Sunday weddings, so book us now before our calendar fills up!