All About Lauren McGlynn Photography

 
Lauren McGlynn Photography
Aberdeen, UK
 
After two years photographing weddings in Austin Texas, I've hopped the pond and now reside  in Aberdeen, Scotland with my Scottish philosopher husband.  From Glasgow to Bath, London to Belfast, I've loved traveling, photographing weddings, and meeting people all across the UK.

Services 

When photographing a wedding I always try to use an unobtrusive documentary approach. My style centers around making the best possible use of natural and available light while capturing the moments of genuine emotion that make weddings so moving and so fun. At the same time, one of the things that I love most about photographing weddings is that oftentimes I wind up making friends with my clients, and it is always such an honor for me to be there to cheer them on while I document their day.

I carefully edit and individually retouch each of the images in your wedding gallery. All of my wedding packages include DVDs with high-resolution images that you are welcome to print, display, and distribute as you see fit. You will also receive DVDs with all of the high-resolution unprocessed images from your wedding day.

I am a firm believer in privacy, and I will never use your images without your express permission.

Travel

So far I've really enjoyed traveling around the UK, and in the hopes that I'll be doing much more of it in the coming years:  I do not charge travel fees for weddings in the UK or Ireland, and I'm happy to travel to weddings in the rest of the EU at cost


Pricing

Package One


Up to 8 hours of wedding day coverage
DVD with 300 individually retouched high-resolution images
DVDs with all of the unprocessed images from your wedding day
Password protected image gallery where you and your guests can view images and order prints
Personal use license for all images
£1600

Package Two

Unlimited wedding day coverage 
DVD with 400 individually retouched high-resolution images
DVDs with all of the unprocessed images from your wedding day
Choice of engagement, boudoir, pre-wedding, or day after photo shoot
DVD with 30+ images from your shoot
Archival French Linen wedding album with high-resolution prints
Password protected image gallery where you and your guests can view images and order prints
Personal use license for all images
£2200


I am always happy to hear from couples who love my photos but are on a tight budget. Get in touch and I'll work with you to customize a package that suits your needs. Seriously. 


About Me


I began studying photography as a high school student at Northwest School of the Arts in Charlotte, North Carolina. It was all film back then and I quickly developed the habit of staying after hours to work in the darkroom, getting out of other classes to go mix chemicals for my photography teacher, and pouring over every photography book, magazine, or journal that I could get my hands on. I continued my studies in photography at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro, The Center for Documentary Studies at Duke University, and as a graduate student in photojournalism at the University of Texas at Austin. Somewhere along the way, I fell in love with the raw honesty and candid beauty of documentary photography, and I incorporate this into my style when I am shooting weddings, engagements, portraits, and performers. In December of 2009 I was pleased to be accepted into the Wedding Photojournalists Association.